There are so many strollers on the market now that it can be extremely overwhelming when it comes to picking one out. I am going to give you five thoughts to keep in mind when starting your hunt.
- Pick a budget: Stroller prices range from approximately $100.00 for a light weight, easy folding frame that allows your to pop your infants car seat in and out at your leisure, to over $1,000.00 for the top end, trendy, convertible stroller which tends to grow with your baby from infant to toddler.
- Lifestyle: Strollers are now being made to be lifestyle specific, so think about how you live, the terrain you frequent, and your daily activities and the easiest way to integrate your baby into your day. There are small lightweight strollers, running strollers, full-sized strollers, travel strollers, and convertible strollers. Will you need a larger stroller that is easy to fold down into a compact size to throw in the trunk of your car, or do you use public transit and require a smaller sized stroller that is easier to maneuver and takes up less space when being used?
- Child count: You might already have a child at home (or be planning for a big family!) so maybe getting a double stroller would be best for you-again these come in many forms side-by-side, one behind another, or a stroller with a sibling solution- the ability to add another seat to the stroller. Also, some strollers have attachable wheel/rider boards that attach onto the back of the stroller that older children can stand on.
- Positions: It is important to most parents to have the ability to position their baby different ways- especially rear facing so you can be face-to-face with your sweetie! So look into the different positions you will be able to seat your baby in before you buy!
- Storage and accessories: Depending on the size of the stroller and company the available carrying storage varies. So if you plan to use your stroller as a bag-on-wheels for many goodies, look into the size of the basket under the seat and make sure it suits your needs. Additionally, if you are one to want many accessories for your stroller like a cup holder for your coffee or an extra attachable umbrella for your baby, look into the available accessories that each stroller company offers that you many want.
Go to some stores, try them out, and see what works best for you and your family.